Prairie Smoke FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions:
Who can I contact?
The Officers and Board Members can be reached through the Prairie Smoke email address.
Send an email to PriarieSmokeMN@gmail.com.
President: Ed Pfannkoch
Vice President: Barb Nigon
Treasurer and Membership Coordinator: Ryan Kemmerick
What are the benefits of joining Prairie Smoke?
As as a member of Prairie Smoke, you are entitled to the following benefits:
• Site visits by Prairie Smoke representatives to give guidance about the care of your prairie
• Annual prescribed burning workshop
• Assistance with burning your prairie (including all necessary equipment)
• Opportunities to volunteer to do prescribed burning (this is a fun learning activity)
• Field trip fliers published two times a year
• Prairie Smoke email about important Prairie Smoke events
• Field trips throughout southeastern Minnesota led by Prairie Smoke representatives
• Other educational and recreational opportunities
How do I find out when my membership in Prairie Smoke expires?
You will receive a membership renewal form approximately one month before your membership expires.
Who do I contact if I have additional questions about my membership?
Please contact Ryan Kemmerick: firstname.lastname@example.org
Does Prairie Smoke have a website?
Yes! The website address is http://www.prairiesmokemn.org.
How do I find out about Prairie Smoke field trips?
Prairie Smoke plans several field trips a year. The simplest way to find out about field trips is to read the emails sent to you by Prairie Smoke. You can also check the Upcoming Events link on the Prairie Smoke website.
What types of burn equipment does Prairie Smoke have available for loan?
Do landowners have to be members of Prairie Smoke in order to use the burn equipment?
Yes, for at least a year. Access to the burn equipment is one of the benefits of active membership in Prairie Smoke.
Where can I find help with funding for Prairie and Habitat Improvement Projects?
Check out this list created by Prairie Smoke Board Member, Ed Pfannkoch.
Is there a charge for Prairie Smoke members to use the burn equipment?
No, there is not a charge to use the equipment. However, it is suggested that landowners who use the equipment make a voluntary donation to the chapter for the upkeep of the equipment.
How do I get more information about prescribed burning?
You can request additional information by contacting Prairie Smoke at email@example.com at least six months prior to your planned burn. You can also attend one of the prescribed burning workshops offered through the DNR or Prairie Smoke if available. Keep an eye out for dates.